Monday, May 26, 2008
Given how the auction process works it has become the norm for early entrants to drop out leaving those with the biggest wallets to win the title of new cell phone provider or satellite tv provider or what have you. Back in the days when both the FCC and the CRTC had open license application processes it was the market that chose who was going to be the successful TV network, cable company or cell phone provider back in the mid 1980's.
For all the billions of dollars spent by companies looking to get into providing Cell phone service, satellite tv or even high speed Internet using WiMax technology what is the public getting? For one thing more limited competition which could lead a fourth national cell phone carrier what acts like all the others.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (81)
- The Secret Copyright Gestapo
- Canada's New Potential Cell Phone Carriers Startin...
- Psystar Unveils Their Own Software Update System
- Napster Goes DRM Free (So Everything Old is New Ag...
- EarthLink Pulls Plug on Philly WiFi, Helping to Ki...
- 3G Iphones coming June 12th, all signs point that ...
- New E-bay Policy About To Get Test Run Down Under
- Clueless RIAA Executives Claim That DRM Isn't Dead...
- Qwest picks Verizon And Dumps Sprint for Wireless
- Mid June the Zune Officially Arrives in Canada
- ▼ May (10)