ValleyWag.com Apple is going to announce the next generation of their iPhone that will operate on AT&T 3G wireless network to provide faster Internet surfing speeds when not using WiFi. Support an imminent release of a new iPhone is that on Apple's US and British online stores are sold out of the original iPhones. What remains to be seen is if other countries will get the 3G iPhones right away or will have to wait until carriers outside of the United States and the United Kingdom have HSDPA based 3G networks that will support the advanced functions of the iPhone.
What still remains to be seen is what iPhone will Canada get when the iPhone launches on Rogers towards the end of 2008. 3G on Rogers only works in a few of the major cities and everywhere else is still stuck with EDGE or GPRS.
Monday, May 12, 2008
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (81)
- The Secret Copyright Gestapo
- Canada's New Potential Cell Phone Carriers Startin...
- Psystar Unveils Their Own Software Update System
- Napster Goes DRM Free (So Everything Old is New Ag...
- EarthLink Pulls Plug on Philly WiFi, Helping to Ki...
- 3G Iphones coming June 12th, all signs point that ...
- New E-bay Policy About To Get Test Run Down Under
- Clueless RIAA Executives Claim That DRM Isn't Dead...
- Qwest picks Verizon And Dumps Sprint for Wireless
- Mid June the Zune Officially Arrives in Canada
- ▼ May (10)