Tuesday, March 30, 2010
Most of Canada's incumbent CDMA carriers have traditionally partnered with Sprint to buy phones from handset manufacturers, MTS and Sasktel included carry the same lineup of phones that Sprint carries. Since the CDMA iPhone is supposed to be coming to Verizon whose phone line had traditionally been offered by Telus in Canada. The best chance of getting the CDMA iPhone in Canada would be if both Sprint and Verizon were to offer it in the states. There maybe a possibility that Telus will carry the CDMA iPhone for Saskatchewan and Manitoba, since Telus has no HSPA in those provinces. For the last two CDMA only networks on the Canadian prairies, one of them in the process of getting upgraded. MTS is in process of building their own HSPA network in partnership with Rogers.
For some it may not seem right that one carrier can offer the in demand smartphones and another cannot but in these next couple of years of network upgrades that's the way it is. To get the new hot in demand people will have to be ready to switch carriers despite any blind loyalty to the carriers they have now. It's called letting the market decide.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- CDMA iPhone Could it Come to Canada?
- Japan To Consider Banning Cell Phone Lockdown
- ESRB Ratings of Classic Video Games: Q-Bert
- Wind Mobile To Add Ottawa Today
- New Xbox 360 Motherboard Means New Version of Cons...
- Conservatives Vow To Shoot Down The Return of The ...
- Why Does Sasktel Hate Android?
- What Will Sony Need To Do To Make Playstation Move...
- Shaw's Wireless Wait And See Game
- ▼ March (9)
- ► 2009 (81)
- ► 2008 (63)