Thursday, October 22, 2009
North of the 49th Telus Mobility subscribers have been facing a similar selection of Blackberries or Windows Mobile smartphones. For Telus building market share among high end smartphone users has been a challenge with Rogers carrying iPhones, Android handsets from HTC, and Bell snagging the Palm Pre, the Droid is a must have for Telus.
With iPhones set to go carrier agnostic when Bell and Telus are set to flip the switch on their HSPA networks it could be easy for Telus to get caught up in their own we're getting the iPhone party they could very well overlook the Droid and Android operating system altogether.
With offering smartphones the smart move for Telus is to offer smartphones that use the older CDMA network along side with devices that operate on HSPA. For many place that are off the beaten path in Alberta and BC will remain CDMA for some time to come. In Manitoba and Saskatchewan Telus only rents the networks of incumbent providers which are CDMA and will be for next few years to come. A CDMA smartphone running Android will be exactly what Telus needs and Motorola's Droid is the perfect fit.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Could H1N1 Hysteria Cause Financial Disruption?
- First New Canadian Cell Carrier Isn't 'Canadian En...
- Canada's Ugliest Cell Phone
- Telus Sort Of Dumps The System Access Fee
- No Subidized Netbooks In Canada
- Motorola's Droid Will It Make A Northern Appearanc...
- Why There Is No Garth Brooks On iTunes
- Oh Canada, Record TV, Pay A New Tax
- New Bill To Help Silence Loud Commericals
- Kindle Goes International, But Not Coming To Canad...
- Belus to get iPhone Next Month?
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2008 (63)