Wednesday, October 7, 2009
That is great for everybody outside of the United States who have been waiting for the Kindle, not so great in two English speaking countries that will not be getting the Kindle, New Zealand and of course Canada. Why Amazon choose not to make the international Kindle available in the Great White North remains a mystery, it could be that there are Luddites in charge Canada's publishing industry? Possible but not likely, While services like Audible don't have Canadian web sites, Works by Canadian authors are on the American based web sites. Could it be the cellular industry? Possible, very possible the international version of the Kindle would have to use the Rogers Wireless network, Rogers may find it objectionable to have to sell access to their cellular network at wholesale rates to Amazon.
Leaving Canada out of such a world wide launch is simply unacceptable, so Amazon, publishing industry, and Rogers, you have some 'splaining to do.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Could H1N1 Hysteria Cause Financial Disruption?
- First New Canadian Cell Carrier Isn't 'Canadian En...
- Canada's Ugliest Cell Phone
- Telus Sort Of Dumps The System Access Fee
- No Subidized Netbooks In Canada
- Motorola's Droid Will It Make A Northern Appearanc...
- Why There Is No Garth Brooks On iTunes
- Oh Canada, Record TV, Pay A New Tax
- New Bill To Help Silence Loud Commericals
- Kindle Goes International, But Not Coming To Canad...
- Belus to get iPhone Next Month?
- ▼ October (11)
- ► 2008 (63)