Wednesday, September 30, 2009
After uninstalling AVG 8.5 and installing Security Essentials was quicker that I have ever seen a Anti-Virus program install. After a reboot and updating the definition file Security Essentials is working, no other configuration needed. Security Essentials is very light weight so much it even makes AVG look somewhat bloated. On a 3.4 GHz Pentium 4 with 1 GB of RAM Windows startup is quicker programs load faster even iTunes loads in about half the time.
In my attempts to bring viruses or other nasties into my computer Security Essentials stopped me everytime. Which is a good sign, given how notorious Windows Live One Care was at missing viruses.
Microsoft Security Essentials promises to be a very good solution for home PC users. It just maybe what the makers of the bloated security suites may need to get their acts together or it just may make them cry 'unfair dumping' to the feds.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Microsoft Security Essentials, A First Look
- False Advertising Comes From SaskTel
- iPod Tax Showing Its Ugly Head Again
- Microsoft Plans to Offer Windows 7 Students For Ch...
- Motorola Cliq, Coming To Canada On Rogers, As Expe...
- Gears Of War 3 to Support Project Natal
- Google Android To Coming To CDMA
- Is the PS3 The Next Super Nintendo?
- ▼ September (8)
- ► 2008 (63)