Friday, September 4, 2009
Google's Android will also be available on smartphones other than those offered by HTC for the first time. September 10th Motorola will be announcing Android based smartphones, one phone code named 'Morrison' that will run on the T-Mobile network. The other Android phone is code named 'Sholes' which will be running on Verizon's network.
Now the question for Canadian CDMA subscribers is which Android phone on which network? The trend is that Sprint phones usually get picked up by Bell and Verizon phones are picked up by Telus. If that trend holds, the HTC Hero will be on Bell and the Motorola Sholes will be available on Telus. It could very well be that Bell will pass on Google Android in order to protect their Palm Pre sales. Of course if Sprint was so worried about cannibalizing their Palm Pre sales they wouldn't be carrying the Hero. Of course I predicted that Rogers was going to pass on Android to protect the iPhone, and that didn't happen.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Microsoft Security Essentials, A First Look
- False Advertising Comes From SaskTel
- iPod Tax Showing Its Ugly Head Again
- Microsoft Plans to Offer Windows 7 Students For Ch...
- Motorola Cliq, Coming To Canada On Rogers, As Expe...
- Gears Of War 3 to Support Project Natal
- Google Android To Coming To CDMA
- Is the PS3 The Next Super Nintendo?
- ▼ September (8)
- ► 2008 (63)