Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Blackberries: In Canada it's the Blackberry that is the king of the smart phones, even Virgin Mobile offers Blackberries to prepaid customers. It wouldn't be unreasonable to expect versions of the Bold and the Curve for the new carriers at launch. Any new GSM Blackberry models in a year from now will practically be guaranteed to provided by one of the new carriers.
Google Android: With a dozen different handset manufacturers getting ready to launch Android based smartphones it would be a pretty safe bet that the new carriers will have at least one Android phone each.
Microsoft Danger Sidekick: The consistently popular smartphone jr. with tweens and teens that has never been able to crack the Canadian market will finally have a chance to come North of the border with one of the new cell phone carriers.
Palm WebOS: While Bell Mobility is offering the Pre exclusively to their subscribers in eastern Canada, Palm is promising a GSM based smartphone which will probably will launch with one of the new cell providers first, if Rogers doesn't nab it first.
Nokia: The world leading maker of cellular handsets that almost went extinct in North America several years will probably use the launches of the new cell phone carriers to get a foothold back into the Canadian market. Expect the offerings for basic cell phones to contain at least a few Nokias. Nokia's version of the smartphone running the symbian operating system, probably not likely to be seen.
Expect Samsungs, LGs and Motorolas to be represented in the phone lineups by the new carriers but can there be any surprises when the new carriers launch their phone lineups I think so.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Xbox 360 Elite Price Drops $100 in US and $70 in C...
- TiVo Goes After Telcos
- Zune HD Launch Delayed in Canada
- Petition To Abolish CRTC, Just Short Sighted And W...
- Legally Free Satellite TV To Come To Canada (No Se...
- Apple To Announce New iPods September 9th
- Bell Telus Merger, Canada To Get A Single Telco Wi...
- Is the Zune HD a Matter of Do or Die for Microsoft...
- What Phones Will The New Cell Carriers Provide?
- Canada's New Cell Carrier Gets A Brand Identity, A...
- What Apple Needs To Do With Their Upcoming Tablet
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2008 (63)