Thursday, August 13, 2009
Microsoft is taking another at making shot at making a better Zune to attempt get back some market share. The Zune HD will come in two versions a 16 GB version and a 32 GB version which will come with a touch screen and a web browser. The HD moniker comes from the ability to display High Definition video using a docking station that hooks up to a HDTV (sold separately). The Zune HD also has an HD radio tuner which can play higher quality digital radio signals from compatible radio stations. (more info)
Selling the Zune has been a tough sell for Microsoft so far and there's nothing to say that the Zune HD will be any different. One of the problems that preventing public acceptance of the Zune is the fact that the Zune Marketplace music store is not available outside of the United States, The iTunes music store is one of the biggest reasons for the success of the iPods. Microsoft has been trying to apply the PC industry pricing structure to the Zune. Windows based PC's cost less than Macs which has lead to Windows being the dominate operating system in the PC industry. Zunes have typically been priced lower to comparable iPods many view iPods to be better than anything else and are willing to pay the extra cost.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Xbox 360 Elite Price Drops $100 in US and $70 in C...
- TiVo Goes After Telcos
- Zune HD Launch Delayed in Canada
- Petition To Abolish CRTC, Just Short Sighted And W...
- Legally Free Satellite TV To Come To Canada (No Se...
- Apple To Announce New iPods September 9th
- Bell Telus Merger, Canada To Get A Single Telco Wi...
- Is the Zune HD a Matter of Do or Die for Microsoft...
- What Phones Will The New Cell Carriers Provide?
- Canada's New Cell Carrier Gets A Brand Identity, A...
- What Apple Needs To Do With Their Upcoming Tablet
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2008 (63)