Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Like previous product announcements there is much speculation about what is coming, so I'll wade into the pool with my predictions:
1. 64 GB Ipod touch arrives, 8 GB touch gets discontinued. With competition from the Zune HD the 16 GB touch will need to become the new entry level model and 32 GB will become mid level model.
2. Hard drive based iPod Classic fade away. The original iPod back in 2001 used a hard drive to store songs and since then there has been a hard drive based iPod at the high end of the product line. With flash memory getting cheaper and cheaper and more demand for the iPod touch the time for the end of the hard drive based iPods is coming to an end.
3. A new 'chicklet' type iPod shuffle to replace the 1 GB shuffle. When the 4GB shuffle was introduced (dubbed the chicklet because of it's resemblance to a piece of gum) that the 1 GB shuffle will soon get replaced, by a 2 GB chicklet iPod shuffle or the 4 GB with an 8 GB shuffle.
That's what I think will happen on September 9th
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Xbox 360 Elite Price Drops $100 in US and $70 in C...
- TiVo Goes After Telcos
- Zune HD Launch Delayed in Canada
- Petition To Abolish CRTC, Just Short Sighted And W...
- Legally Free Satellite TV To Come To Canada (No Se...
- Apple To Announce New iPods September 9th
- Bell Telus Merger, Canada To Get A Single Telco Wi...
- Is the Zune HD a Matter of Do or Die for Microsoft...
- What Phones Will The New Cell Carriers Provide?
- Canada's New Cell Carrier Gets A Brand Identity, A...
- What Apple Needs To Do With Their Upcoming Tablet
- ▼ August (11)
- ► 2008 (63)