Friday, February 20, 2009
It may be understandable to require companies who sell Internet access to log any suspected illegal activity for law enforcement agencies, but requiring all routers to keep a log for two years is rediculous not to mention virtually impossible because most home office routers don't even have the ability to record two years of Internet activity.
The bill is titled "Internet Stopping Adults Facilitating the Exploitation of Today's Youth Act" Reality is that this bill has nothing to do with protecting children, but more to do with shutting down anybody who downloads Peer to Peer downloading software or throttling anybody who buys a Magic Jack if Verizon or AT&T asks for it to be done. There have been a lot of stupid laws passed in the past but this one beats them all.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Phone Switcher Should Call Old Providers: Bell Can...
- Why No Kindle in Canada
- Politicians Gone Wild: Requirement To Log All Inte...
- Universal Cell Phone Charger, Who Knew?
- CRTC Revists Net Regluation
- Microsoft Stores, Sounds Like a Joke That's Six We...
- Utah Bill to Mature Rated Games Away From Underage...
- DTV Delay Passes, Keeps Analog OTA on Life Support...
- Windows 7, Different Versions The Confusion Contin...
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2008 (63)