Thursday, February 12, 2009
While Apple sells their own computers at their stores, Microsoft doesn't make the computers that run their operating systems. Apple is the only computer manufacturer that has been successful operating their own retail stores. All other PC manufacturers that have tried have failed, Gateway Country stores is the most widely known flop.
When iPods were first launched the only place they could be bought was at an Apple store, if Microsoft thinks that people will go to a Microsoft store just to buy a Zune, it sounds like a joke that just isn't funny.
Microsoft doesn't need a specialty boutique type store to sell Xbox 360's, they are already the market leader. Six weeks from the posting of this blog entry will be April the First, and unlike Windows Millennium Edition and Windows Vista, this joke from Microsoft came early.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- Phone Switcher Should Call Old Providers: Bell Can...
- Why No Kindle in Canada
- Politicians Gone Wild: Requirement To Log All Inte...
- Universal Cell Phone Charger, Who Knew?
- CRTC Revists Net Regluation
- Microsoft Stores, Sounds Like a Joke That's Six We...
- Utah Bill to Mature Rated Games Away From Underage...
- DTV Delay Passes, Keeps Analog OTA on Life Support...
- Windows 7, Different Versions The Confusion Contin...
- ▼ February (9)
- ► 2008 (63)