Thursday, December 17, 2009
The selection of phones is pretty paltry right now, only four models of handsets are currently available. A touch screen phone from Huawei, a chinese company, the Gravity 2 from Samsung, HTC Maple running Windows mobile, and the Blackberry Bold 9700. What is unique to Wind Mobile is the requirement to buy a phone outright when signing up for service, phones are not subidized in exchange subscribers are on month by month billing and not locked into a contract for three years.
Certainly the plans will entice consumers to switch, but paying the full cost of the phone will make many think twice. That will give the incumbent carriers pleny of ammo in the ad war that is sure come in the new year. Bell and Telus is sure to take aim with the 'C' word, coverage. Wind Mobile currently covers Toronto and Calgary, Wind Mobile will be roaming on the Rogers network everywhere else in Canada. Now the first new cell carrier has unveiled their service, two more to go, cell phone service is on it's way to getting better.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- 2010 Technology Predictions
- A Look Back At The Tech of 2009
- What Does Wind Mobile's Phones and Plans Mean For ...
- Is Bell Mobility Planning an Expansion Into Saskat...
- Globalive's Wind Mobile Will Get To Launch After A...
- Playing The Odds on the Apple Tablet Computer
- Droid, Milestone facts for Canadians
- 2009 Prognostications Redux
- What Will It Take For Nokia To Make A Comeback In ...
- SprintNextel To Kill QChat
- ▼ December (10)
- ► 2008 (63)