Thursday, December 10, 2009
500-1 Apple releases the tablet at a reasonable price point something like $499 or less. Being priced so above the rest of the PC industry doesn't give Apple a cachet of geek chic, it just makes them look greedy.
200-1 The Apple tablet will run a full version of OS X. The smart money goes to Apple putting an iPhone/iPod Touch interface to pander to the masses who have bought those devices, instead of a device that bridges people to the full OS X experience.
80-1 Wireless data service provided Verizon Wireless, Verizon hasn't won any fans in Cupertino with their "land of misfit toys" and "There's a Map for That" ads, the 3G service is going to be coming from AT&T
20-1 Screen using OLED or colour e-ink technology, given how much of a power hog that backlighting systems for LCD panels can be. If Apple goes to a small nonreplaceable battery they'll need some new display screen technology.
4-1 e-books, and audiobooks will come to the iTunes store. Apple will need to sell books for their device designed for reading.
2-1 After feeding the rumour mill some more by constant denials, Apple will have a media event to introduce new products such as new macbooks and iPods but no tablet.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- 2010 Technology Predictions
- A Look Back At The Tech of 2009
- What Does Wind Mobile's Phones and Plans Mean For ...
- Is Bell Mobility Planning an Expansion Into Saskat...
- Globalive's Wind Mobile Will Get To Launch After A...
- Playing The Odds on the Apple Tablet Computer
- Droid, Milestone facts for Canadians
- 2009 Prognostications Redux
- What Will It Take For Nokia To Make A Comeback In ...
- SprintNextel To Kill QChat
- ▼ December (10)
- ► 2008 (63)