Nerd TV up on BitTorrent. The online distribution of "Canada's Next Great Prime Minister" would be the first time that a show produced for broadcast will be distributed using BitTorrent and without DRM.
While the private networks are distributing content online, it's with heavy restrictions, the move by the CBC is going to be interesting to watch, while it's highly unlikely that the private broadcasters will follow suit. Unrestricted online distribution will help CBC build an audience for their original content. Some broadcast industry pundits may speculate that distributing TV shows this way will be risky, for CBC it maybe the kind of crazy thinking that they need.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (81)
- Warner Music calls for Internet Tax to Support The...
- Five Tech Issues that need to be addressed this El...
- Dell About to Launch a Smartphone (yawn)
- CBC To put reality show on BitTorrent without DRM
- Verizon Plans to speed up Peer to Peer
- AOL buys Bebo, 850 Million for what?
- News Corporation passes on Yahoo
- ▼ March (7)