Thursday, March 13, 2008
The acquition of Bebo will give AOL a presence in Europe and in New Zealand, it's doubtful that Bebo can gain a foothold in North America, becase of dominant position that Myspace and Facebook in the social networking scene.
AOL is pinning it's hopes on Bebo users adopting AIM as their instant messenging client and AIM users becoming users of Bebo.
The early reaction of technology analysts is that 850 million is a lot for AOL to pay for Bebo. Will AOL get it's money worth. Somehow seems doubtful
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (81)
- Warner Music calls for Internet Tax to Support The...
- Five Tech Issues that need to be addressed this El...
- Dell About to Launch a Smartphone (yawn)
- CBC To put reality show on BitTorrent without DRM
- Verizon Plans to speed up Peer to Peer
- AOL buys Bebo, 850 Million for what?
- News Corporation passes on Yahoo
- ▼ March (7)