Saturday, December 29, 2007
When AOL bought Netscape it was widely believed that Netscape would have a new lease on life in it's fight against Microsoft's Internet Explorer, but instead choose to distribute Microsoft's web browser while owning Netscape lock stock and barrel. Instead of breathing new life into Netscape AOL helped Microsoft kill Netscape.
While Netscape is about to become history, it's role in the history of the Internet and the World Wide Web should never be forgotten. It was the Netscape browser that helped make the Internet easy to use, more interactive helped put more multimedia content online. If it wasn't for the Netscape browser everybody and their dog wouldn't be online today.
- ► 2014 (10)
- ► 2012 (14)
- ► 2011 (21)
- ► 2010 (61)
- ► 2009 (81)
- ► 2008 (63)
- Netscape 1994-2008 Rest In Peace
- Users of Bag Phones and bricks (and some other use...
- Firefox 3 coming soon
- The Zune Arrives in Canada (sort of)
- 95% of all E-mail is Spam!!!!
- Cheap Laptops for third world countries, guess who...
- Guess who's looking to pick your pocket - again
- Superman to change in the Men's room?
- Verizon Wireless opens up
- ▼ December (9)